Tuesday, January 20, 2009

10.15.2008 Leather and Lace

Friday night Jason, Fox and I went to a "leather and lace" party hosted by our good friend Jon. The party was a "beginning of the year get-to-know-one-another" affair for his department, and everyone came dressed in a trashy rainbow of denim, pleather and fringe. Raucous the party was, and everyone got into the trashy spirit.

After reviewing my wardrobe I decided on my brown leather pants and a long, blondish wig, but couldn't find an appropriate shirt for the occasion. Something trashy, but attempting to be both sexy and tough looking. I thought about a wife-beater, but it seemed too typical, gangster and costumey, and I also thought about a see-through lacey tank top, but even it seemed too classy. I ended up making a denim and lace corset shirt with pink ribbon laces.



front:

Photobucket

back:
Photobucket


It was god-awful with an overall look of a 1992 west Asheville style night on the town involving drinks at Cowboys Night Life followed by line dancing. It was the outfit of a girl torn between two lifestyles. Basically I thought of all my elementary school friend's older sisters and tried to replicate their looks and facial expressions. I even bought a six pack of Bud Ice to complete the look.


Also integrated into the outfit was a brand new "beer opener" belt buckle from my friend Sonja, and a pair of pony fur boots from Hilary.

Getting ready for the party was so much fun. I can't wait for Halloween!


Photobucket Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment