Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1/21/2008 Bad Hurted

Last night after Fox went to bed Jason and I were working on our house and I smashed the hell out of my thumb with a framing hammer.



It hurted so bad I saw stars and shook it just like in the comics. Before I went to bed I put ice on it to help the pain and swelling, and at 4 this morning I woke up because my thumb was throbbing! Again, just like in the funny papers when someones thumb gets hit and all of the sudden it is the same size as their torso and has mercury like a thermometer and is exploding and red and making a siren noise... The noise was very likely the alarm clock, but the rest was accurate.
Reflecting on my life in relation to pain I have come to the conclusion that smashing your thumb with a hammer is more painful than having a baby, but just a little bit.
I will be working on a comprehensive pain scale to let those of you who haven't had a baby get a better grasp of the pain I am feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment