Tuesday, January 20, 2009

1/21/2008 Mourning My Loss

Saturday night I went to a housewarming party hosted by my good friend Jon and most of the folks there were college/grad student aged. Adrianne let my son Fox crash at her house and I was able to stay out later than ever before, and despite having a child and a decade over most of the party-goers I was one of the last to leave. Adrianne's husband, Dan and I were partners in Beer Pong and we dominated; it was kind of late and most of the other people were wasted so it was a good introduction to the game.
When I was in college I spent so much time poo-poo-ing keg parties and drinking games that I completely missed out on an integral developmental stage. Going to a keg party seemed like something to be ashamed of, and playing drinking games like something which inevitably led to assault and tailgate parties.
I cry bitter tears for all of the missed hours of Beer Pong I should have played. I am Now beyond that era; no longer having the requisite liberties to hang around throwing ping pong balls into solo cups half full of keg beer. I have started the next chapter of life which sets the mood, tone and characters of the next 18 chapters; Why, God, didn't anyone tell me how fun it could be?

No comments:

Post a Comment