Wednesday, January 21, 2009

10/22/2008 Ice Pack for President

mccain bush hug Pictures, Images and Photos



My 2 year old son has finally started paying off in the entertainment department. For the longest time babies just want to eat, sleep, get a new diaper, pitch a fit then start over again, but my son has graduated to the next level of rudimentary banter.


Each day at least one hilarious thing comes out of his mouth. I don't want to turn him into a laugh-o-meter, Bobby Hill style Ham, but I usually allow myself an initial ten minutes laughing at the remark with Fox, then secretly erupt in laughter through out the remainder of that day. Last week after staring at his oatmeal for twenty minutes, I asked him to hurry and finish up so we could go outside. He said "no! I can't" and wrinkled his nose while covering his eyes as if it would make the dish cease to exist. I asked him why he didn't want to eat something he normally asked for seconds of, and he said "Cause, cause it's broken!"


"The oatmeals broken?", I confirmed, and Fox nodded his head with a overly expressed look of disappointment on his face.


A few days later he was in his high chair screaming "EAT!! EAT!!" and I asked him what he wanted. He looked around for clues, and then said "food". I asked him how a peanut butter and jelly sandwich sounded and he said "uh huh! Birthday cake sandwich!" Although it was a delicious idea, I decided to just put extra jelly on his PB&J.


I have noticed that whenever we are around dogs, Fox usually ends up telling them that they are "yucky", and pointing at them while saying "shoo!". I thought it was strange only because Fox doesn't voice disgust at much of anything other than the toilet or the diaper bin. Otherwise I agree with his general assessment of dogs. Last week while spending time with my mom and her troop of shizus, Fox began pointing and saying "yucky, poo-poo! Yuk!". The dog thought Fox wanted to play so he rolled over exposing his belly and testicles. Fox screamed and pointed towards the dog's black balls and shouted "POO_POO YUCKY! POO_POO! ICK!" So Fox thinks that all non-neutered male dogs have poop attached to them.


I also think that it is funny that no matter what is upsetting Fox, an ice pack seems to help. After I sneakily took his "special" blankie and put it into the wash for the first time in two months, Fox began looking around in all the usual places. Under his bed, in the bathroom floor, between the fridge and the wall, under the couch cushions.... When the blankie didn't turn up he became agitated and started whining. I explained that I had put the blanket into the washing machine and that after drying it would return it to his embrace. He continued whining, so I opened the washing machine to let him see his blanket submerged in water, sloshing around. For some reason this image upset Fox beyond explanation and it propelled him into a twenty minute hysterical fit. I tried all of my normal techniques without success, and finally asked him what would make him feel better.


"ICEPACK!" He screamed with renewed disdain.


A few days ago I was watching the presidential debate while Fox sat in the floor "playing cars". Whenever the candidates are on TV or their pictures appear on the newspaper Fox points and exclaims "Obamacain!"
He seems to think that whenever you see those two guys together it is called an Obamacain. He started watching the speech and paying attention to the shifts in conversation. After it was over I asked Fox which candidate he thought would make the nation better; Obama or McCain?


He looked around the room and smiled as he answered in a quiet tone; "ice pack".

No comments:

Post a Comment