Tuesday, January 20, 2009

10/22/07 Ouch

This weekend I attended the wedding of two of my dear friends from college. The wedding was held at a summer camp in Henderson County and the whole place was reserved. All of the leaves were changing colors and the air smelled fresh and earthy; warm and cool at the same time- So nice! Picturesque wedding all around. Seeing as how I don't get out much anymore, and since there was a overnight babysitter volunteer I decided to stay overnight in the cabins with all of my other non-parent contemporaries; you know- Like the good old days! Maybe it was not eating enough at supper, maybe it was sleeping on a vinyl pad trying to pass for a mattress in 40 degree weather for approx 4 hours before having to wake up at 7:30am to go pick up my child so his mamaw could go to church on time, or maybe it was the many keg beers I drank at the reception; all I know is that I WOKE UP FEELING WORSE THAN I EVER HAVE BEFORE! Really, really bad. So bad I would have chosen death. My head felt like an anvil and whenever I stood up I got that dreamy (nightmare) feeling. There was no relief. Josh has a method of drinking a Gatoraid type beverage after a hard night of drinking which he swears by, so first off I tried that. I will never drink orange Gatoraid again. Just the smell of it reminds me of how bad I felt. Luckily I didn't care for it in the first place, otherwise I would have ruined it. Josh usually gets blue. Maybe thats where I screwed up.
Somehow I was able to hold my head in a particular position that didn't kill long enough to fall asleep. After sleeping a couple of hours and taking the hottest shower in the world I felt much better. Next time I will just get someone to knock me out as soon as I wake up and avoid all the in between. Jason tried to get me to eat bacon and eggs with coffee which spurred a conversation about eggs which almost made me relapse. Instead I ate a turkey bender with cheese. This tops my recommended eating list for "first post-hangover" food.
Now that it is all over and I have recovered from the self-inflicted trauma of a night of a million keg beers many questions are coming to mind. Mainly "How many beers did I actually drink?" We may never know the answer to that question, but I do know that I am now a stronger person with more wisdom and insight than I had before, and next time I will eat more during the reception and take a space heater with a really long extension cord.

No comments:

Post a Comment