Tuesday, January 20, 2009

3/16/2008 He Cooks

My neighbor Lee brought two plates of food over this evening for Jason and I.

(This will only be of interest if you have read my past blog entries about my good neighbor, Lee)

There were garlic mashed potatoes, corned beef and cabbage, mac and cheese and cornbread. The potatoes were lumpy and flecked with what I assumed were chives, the beef was deliciously salty, the cabbage was cooked with corriander and cloves, the cornbread light and tender, and the mac and cheese was of the Kraft variety. I couldn’t believe it.

As I was wondering if it was safe to eat a plate of food brought over by Lee for no reason, I was sampling the potatoes. While imagining what poison tasted like I tried the cabbage. The food was excellent and I couldn’t believe Lee was capable of such delicacy. If I hadn’t been so hungry I would have taken a picture of the plates; they even looked artful.

I never imagined Lee cooked. And I never imagined that I would partake of his cuisine.

It was really nice after coming home from a hard day of working to have a plate of good food all ready! Lee is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment