Tuesday, January 20, 2009

10/25/2007 Fun Work Commune

After thinking about it I have decided that I could live in a commune. Naturally not just ANY commune; it would have to consist of certain people who I have been in situations with who have shown their communabilities. For instance, my neighbors Dan and Adrianne are the coolest people I have ever lived near. Whenever there is a task (which there always is, like 20 tasks) they are here shoveling debris, rocking babies, cooking food, going to hope depot etc... And afterwards we realize that moving 40 tons of demolished plaster "really isn't that bad". Staying up till 2 am painting seems like a party with those two. We gamble and I win all their money and they are totally cool about it.
And Heather and Josh- I would LOVE to cook them dinner every night! Actually Josh and I would have to alternate because his cooking is delicious. Those nights I could trim the hedges in the driveway or vacuum or walk dozer or something. We always have fun together, and shittious tasks don't seem so bad. Even when Heather called me after Dozer killed (and disassembled) her pet bunny, Nibbler; cleaning up a bloody bunny mess wasn't all that bad... I wouldn't choose that as a career or anything but knowing how much Heather didn't want to do it made it seem not so bad. And tilling her garden- WAS A BLAST! We were tilling in the rain because we only had it for a few hours and we had to, so we stopped for a little while and covered the thing with a tarp, and when we returned to the task the tiller was shrink wrapped with that tarp. We had to clean it off along with lots of mud. It was awesome. When we returned the tiller to the Rent-All we tried to be extra charming to detract from the fact that their tiller was crapped up. We looked like hell too. MAN that was fun!
When I was in college I broke my ankle (uncle) the day before I had to be completely moved out of one house and into another and I had no idea what I was going to do. A group of my friends helped me do EVERYTHING. I mean everything- They pretty much moved my entire junk heap from one place to another, driving, packing, lifting, unpacking, feeding, ice-packing... AND IT WAS SO FUN. No one bitched about how dumb I was for trying to climb up a drain pipe in fancy shoes. Everyone was like "man, it's too bad you didn't make it onto that building, Jill". All I had to do was share my percocet.
Benji and Brad would be super fun to live with communally, but who knows what they would think. Benji certainly knows lots of practical, technical things about stuff, but I wonder if he would tire of my anticks..... Brad would be so supportive and always up for giving good advice. For some reason I think Brad is the person to ask about important, life questions. He is always so calm and pleasant. Being around Brad probably extends your life, and that makes all of his friends really

No comments:

Post a Comment