Tuesday, January 20, 2009

10/18/07 Blimpie Subs

Jason and I went to the Chiropractor again today and I think the place functions as a social club for South Knoxville weirdos. Yesterday there was an old lady there who had a strange speech problem, it was like she was talking baby talk to her other old lady friends, but it was her real voice. One of the ladies asked me a question and I said "yes, what about you three", and the baby talker looked right at me but whispered in the other lady's ear. Her friend said "yes, thats right. The neighborhood has changed", and they acted like nothing was odd about that. The three of them continued talking and laughing and two of them started tickling baby talker and she was going nuts laughing and kicking! She ended up slapping wildly at the other two (hard!) until they laid off. They were all at least 70 years old and laughing like thirteen year old girls at an after-school sporting event. Later when I was getting up to go to the therapy room baby talker started whispering to her friend again kinda urgent like and her friend said, in a grown up, scoldy voice "No. That is inappropriate. I will not ask her THAT". Weird, right? When she was talking with her friends she seemed coherent and "with it", not like she was retarded or anything. OH! Maybe she was shy about her adorable speech impediment. Thats gotta be it. But that wouldn't explain the slapping???


After the appointment Jason and I were really hungry and in a rush so we went to the Blimpie sub shop which has a drive through and got lunch. As soon as she handed me the bag of food the strangest odor permeated my truck, JUST LIKE the inside of my old, plastic Ewock lunch box I carried in the third grade! Perhaps that chiropractor messing with my spine fluffed up the olfactory receptors in my brain, or maybe because my sub was like a vinegar sponge. Subway is better, and Jersey Mikes is even better than Subway.

No comments:

Post a Comment