Tuesday, January 20, 2009

4/2/2008 April Fools

Each morning while Fox eats his oatmeal, I go around the house and pick up all of his toys. This is something I would like to do in the evening before bedtime, but by the time darkness falls upon the land Fox has started his metamorphasis into wild nighttime crazy baby and there is no way to focus on anything else. And when I close the door after getting him to sleep my house looks like a bomb fell.
Yesterday I was picking up the few toys in the kitchen floor when I reached for an old fashioned, alligator toy; the hollow rubber type with an open mouth. When I picked it up I heard something liquid & splashing, and when I looked down it was pouring from the mouth of the gator.
Evidently it was grape juice from the day before, but the first thing that came to mind was blood.

april fools prank

I asked Fox to come and look to see if he remembered pouring juice into the toy and he looked at me as if he had never even seen the toy before in his little life.

fox and alligator with blood on floor

Then I remembered that it was April Fools Day and figured that it made sense. Fox is going to be the ultimate prankster.
Later that day in the front yard, a beat up mini van pulled up in front of my house and the shirtless man inside yelled something at me. I begged his pardon and he leaned out the window and asked "Yall seen uh brown’n white cow up ’ere?"
Just to be sure I asked, "did you say cow?", and nodded in the affirmative and added;
"sum one told me they’d seen it up ear".
Wondering if I was involved in the South Knoxville version of ’Pranked’, or ’Candid Camera’ I told the man that I had not seen his cow.

Then I wondered what he planned to do with the cow if he did find it. Put it in the mini van? Tie it to a bus stop sign or a tree till he could come back?

sweetest mini van ever

We do not live in a rural setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment